my sunshine

Thursday, October 02, 2008

When we bought our condo, I was fairly certain prices would hold fairly steady, barring a recession. Now I feel like those Minibond investors with their stupid credit event.

But every time I go into a panic attack over it - which is only once every half hour or so - I just call Shiyao. And every single time he calms me down. It's our dream starter home, he says, which is true, or at least as true as it can be when you buy a property off a floor plan. At least we're very minimally leveraged, so we'll never have to worry about negative equity. Interest rates will stay low for the foreseeable future now that recession looms. And fortunately we have no money in stocks (I'm too poor, he's too cautious).

"Worse comes to worst," he says blithely, "we just wait for the market to crash and buy another place cheap and rent this one out lor!"

Money come from where?

"We have savings what," he counters. "We're only using CPF to pay for this one, so save the rest! Anyway, life is meaningless."

Gotta love that logic.

posted by zyn :: 11:39 AM :: 0 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------