leave good, work bad

Saturday, September 02, 2006

If I ever become Christian, I suspect I will ascribe a large part of the conversion to TK. There's something about his sincerity and honesty that makes me want to be a better person, an urge I manage to successfully repress most of the time. It was refreshing to hang out with him - he's so different from all my other friends and being able to hold a conversation without any facade of cynicism leaves you surprisingly insouciant. Also it's a lot more effortless to talk to someone when he can read your mind. Our food arrived last night and I asked him, a propos of nothing, which church he went to in Singapore. To which he replied: "Did you ask me that because you were thinking of having to say grace?" Which was so exactly what went through my mind that I must have gaped, very unattractively, like a goldfish.

TK is also known for his riddles, the punchlines to which he relays with ecstatic glee. He's the creator of the only riddle I've managed to remember for the last five years, which requires some physical illustration and thus cannot be replicated online. But these can:

Q: Which country is home to a lot of refugees?
A: Iran. *cue crazy TK laugh*

Q: Which country makes you feel stressed and short of time?
A: Russia.

Q: Why do gorillas have big nostrils?
A: Because they have big fingers. (hahahaha)

Q: Where do you get virgin wool from?
A: Ugly sheep.


I've actually had a lot of good company and food the last few days, mainly because I've been blissfully on leave (not that I'm saying my colleagues are bad company, of course. Haha). Had $3 pints and my favourite chicken teriyaki soba salad with A (whom I hadn't seen since, what, May?) on Thursday, followed by a xiaolongbao dinner with Ian and Terence and Philip (who's gone, boohoohoo), an extravagantly delicious lunch at Sebastien's at Greenwood (think that's the most expensive lunch I've ever had; thanks, Y :p), and finally Crystal Jaded with TK. And in between all that, a bottle of excellent pinot noir, another of passable cabernet merlot, and several pints of hoegaarden managed to be consumed.

No wonder I get a new shock every time I step on the scale.

Okay time for lunch.

posted by zyn :: 11:58 AM :: 0 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------