maccallen 12 yr

Saturday, March 03, 2007

If I have one thing to be grateful for, it is that I have never lacked good conversation. Challenging, stimulating, amusing conversation. (Repartee is rarer and always highly valued.) Whether it's people I hang out with every day or friends I meet once every few months or new acquaintances I barely know, it's seldom that I'm bored in conversation or have nothing to talk about. Every week I find more people tuned into my frequency, which is awesome.

(Either that or I just walk away from the boring conversations I've had and promptly forget all about them. Contact lunches, for one.)

But it's been a long time since I've had a real heart-to-heart. And at the Cannery! My first visit! I am such a social noob.

* * * * * *

I closed my eyes for just a second and now it's March.

What a short, shifting winter.

Turns out not being drunk off your ass all the time doesn't mean you can't go through the days in a haze of work and play. I've been having trouble focusing for the past month, content to just drift along and zerg short blitzes of effort when needed.

Equilibrium, perhaps. But the rewards of equanimity ring facile and hollow.

Spring is already peeking its annoying perky head round the corner, and with it the familiar first stirrings of adrenaline and ideas.

It's time, then, to shake off the dust and start again, to learn again, to chase again.

It's time.

posted by zyn :: 3:17 AM :: 0 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------