don't sweat the big stuff

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my last post, which wasn't calculated to offend. I seldom intend to offend. I am a pacifist. Except when people piss me off.

Lately I've been thinking about mistakes. About how sometimes you want to do something, and it seems like a stupid idea, and everyone tells you it's a stupid idea, and you kind of know deep down inside that it's a stupid idea. But you still go ahead and do it anyway because you have to find out for yourself, first-hand, what a stupid idea it is.

And once in a while, against all odds, it turns out to be a good move. But more often than not you discover that hey, actually it was a really stupid idea.

The beauty of it, though, is that most mistakes are redeemable. People - and, occasionally, hair - have a boundless capacity for forgiveness. And, possibly more importantly, forgetfulness. But only, of course, if the stupid idea is a one-off aberration and not, say, the latest manifestation of chronic stupidity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful for all the second chances I've ever gotten. And that I will in turn try to let more things go.

On a side note, I'm killing Ango'rosh Ogres to get mushroom samples, and every time I charge this particular one he says "You no take mushroom!" It's soooo cute I just want to hug him. Except that he's carrying this huge-ass axe and chopping away at me with it. Oh well, as HQ always says, girls only like guys who treat them like shit. :)

On the other side of the note, I am highly tormented by all these decisions I have to make. Should I buy a new computer now ahead of the GST hike in two weeks or should I wait for the next IT fair to roll around? Should I buy a CD/DVD hi-fi set or a iPod-dock hi-fi set or both? Should I buy a 20-inch monitor or go all out and buy a 24-inch? Should I buy a new bag for CNY?

I foresee an unproductive week ahead.

posted by zyn :: 1:42 AM :: 4 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------