happy day

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I want to remember this feeling, the unadulterated thrill of unanticipated happiness, because it will never happen again. After this I will know what to expect and what to judge myself against. And maybe this is the best it gets - but I don't think I'll ever really believe that, because I will always think I can do better.

The question is, how much am I willing to give up to test that theory?

* * * * * *


Someone, either kindly or accidentally, left a free invite for The History Boys on my desk so I went to see it just now. It's a bit cliched but it has its moments, and I really liked it because it reminded me of S E Hinton's The Outsiders - the same kind of teenagery-testosteroney-angst-but-fundamentally-good-people type themes.

I realise that I like a lot of kids' books. Harry Potter explodes to mind, but I recently read Ender's Game on Andrew's recommendation and I loved it. I read through the night on a weekday because I couldn't put it down. I don't know what this says about me, but I'd prefer it if no one volunteered a suggestion. :)

posted by zyn :: 12:07 AM :: 1 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------