let's hope it's a good one

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I have just survived a family prayer session that involved singing and handouts. Which has led me to my first resolution of 2007: make fewer Christian jokes. After all, we Godless have to prove that we're nice people too.

But what a sin, to see all that humour going to waste.

My only other two resolutions this year: drink less and work less. People snort in disbelief when I tell them that, but as I told H. today, I'm starting from a really high base so these resolutions are totally achievable. All I have to do is refrain from finishing entire bottles of wine at night and stop coming into the office on weekends, public holidays, and when I'm on leave, for heaven's sake.

Only three resolutions this year because I only kept three out of ten last year. (Want to guess which three?) The good thing about having a year-old blog is that you can look back on the resolutions you made last January 1 and laugh at yourself for being so ambitious.

(I might squeeze another resolution in though - I'm looking for more, and more interesting, music. Thanks to Sports Boy, I'm now hooked on awesomeness like David Bowie's Life on Mars and Queen's Radio Ga Ga and of course Queen&DavidBowie's Under Pressure, which I found out a few months ago was stolen by Vanilla Ice. Bastards! (Stop laughing at me for my Queen ignorance, you oldies.) Anyway all recommendations welcome, except c7676's, because he listens to weird stuff.)

Where I work, we do year-end wraps and next-year outlooks for each of our beats, every year. Which, being as self-involved as I am, led me to muse about what would feature in the year-enders of my life.

Last year I will remember for only two things: the inhibition of braces and the intoxicating taste of red wine and cigarettes.

As for next year... I try not to get my hopes up. But sometimes they form a little bubble, much like the one now floating around Marina Bay Residences. We'll see, I suppose. (It's not like we really have a choice, anyway.)

To 2007 - may we all learn more about life, and the living of it.

posted by zyn :: 11:37 PM :: 6 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------