i'm blogging so much because i'm bored like hell

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The problem with human beings is that they all have hearts. Which means they're all vulnerable as long as you know which buttons to push. Everyone has a button, but some people are easier to upset than others and most people are very bad at hiding their upsetness.

I try not to push too many buttons, especially if they're too easy - which then also makes it too cruel - but sometimes gleeful inspiration strikes and it's hard to pass up the chance for that one line, or that one glance, or that one calculated accidental smile.

It's hard, but it's not impossible, and I usually try - really try - to be kind. Every time a situation blows up spectacularly in my face, I go back in time to locate that one moment where things might have gone differently. Which is why I spend an inordinate amount of my life trying to spot these moments as they go by so I can attempt to redeem all my past mistakes by making the right decision this time.

I've only met one person so far whose buttons I never had the temptation to push, because his buttons would also have been my buttons.

I know this makes no sense to anyone except me but one day, down the road, I will reread this and smile at how seriously I took myself.

On a completely unrelated note, I bought James Blunt's Back To Bedlam the other day. I wasn't sure what possessed me to do that until You're Beautiful came on.

The thing about having an iPod is that it gives your life a soundtrack, and now for every phase that I go through, every intense moment I have, every memorable person I meet - I can put a song to it.

Yes she caught my eye
As we walked on by
She could see from my face that I was
Fucking high
And I don't think that I'll see her again
But we shared a moment that will last 'till the end

posted by zyn :: 9:33 PM :: 5 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------