the week in drinks

Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's been a very long week, and I'm not sure which were more tiring - the interminable days at work or the eventful nights out after (which were meant to make up for the stress in the office).

Monday I spent thinking about Sunday; Tuesday was Midori and campy, saccharine Taiwanese flick at T's place; Wednesday I was at work till midnight. Embarrassed myself at SICC on Thursday by bowling for the first time in years, and then - underdressed and, as it turned out, undercarred - went for drinks at the new Oosh in Dempsey. Nice place, totally like Rochester Park but with much, much, much better cars and, for some reason, very hot China women crying on the phone with their boyfriends ("ni wei she me zhe yang dui wo? wo si suan le!").

On a side note, why is it that Wine Network and Wine Company both close so early on weekdays?? Very bad business sense.

Friday was drinks with ANSA (haha) at Robertson Walk, a blast as usual; Saturday was drinks at Coco Latte (G&T&P = lethal). I really should rent a place at Pier @ Robertson. Hungover for three days in a row, I dragged myself out of bed this morning to go air pistol shooting at Safra Yishun (it's not as butch as it sounds), which was surprisingly fun, in no small part due to my new cargo pants. The whole thing brought me back to my air rifle days - I signed up for air rifle as an ECA back in the first three months of JC, a fact so little known that I question the veracity of my own memories of it. Anyway I think I shall go back and shoot more. Then maybe can get good enough to buy my own gun, so fun. Then can shoot birds outside my window. I hate birds.

High tea at Regent Hotel and then, finally, back home for a nice nice long-overdue nap.

But not before recording birthday wishes to the surprising number of people who are born in November! Veena, who has the world's best boyfriend; June, the gorgeous Cheena barbie, and Joyce, who is a very tactful person. :) May you all grow prettier and wiser without ever aging a day.

By the way - M Ravi assaulted in Hong Kong - true or not?

posted by zyn :: 6:02 PM :: 4 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------