World of Insomnia

Friday, December 08, 2006

I'm having trouble sleeping again. I'm not a dramatic insomniac but ever since college I've had periods where I just lie awake at night and nothing works, not even accounting textbooks. Okay I lie, I never tried accounting textbooks, because numbing my brain by chainwatching Will & Grace at 4am was more fun. At least in Penn I could walk out to the living room, where Ian was almost guaranteed to be frying chicken and watching cartoons at 3am. In Harvard I watched sitcoms until the sun came up. This year I tried pills. Now I'm out of tricks, and I can't even sleep in tomorrow because I have an 8am job. Damn the job.

I'm on the verge of giving up all pretense at sleeping and just logging on to World of Warcraft. But even that's become stressful because my XP bar is back and I have to start questing and battlegrounding again because I can't use gold to buy PvP reward items anymore!! Right after I reattained my Sergeant rank just so I could buy the cape some more! And given that I took, like, four months to go from level 59 to 60, it's safe to say that I will probably still be at level 62 when Burning Crusade comes out. Except that I can't do that, because now we're in this new guild where the motto is Guild Before Self! and our guildmaster emails us at work to tell us to go home early and play. Stress. Have to take leave to play liao. Don't even know whether to battleground first to get gear or to quest first to get level. Or maybe pay someone in China to do both for me. It'll probably cost like five dollars.

Anyway warrior also no fun one, tank tank tank only. Some interesting new talents, I'll probably respec Arms so I can use my Gravestone War Axe. But no one wants an Arms warrior at level 60, much less 70. I should start a new character. Maybe druid, seeing that I actually have to work to draw aggro from my guild's feral druid and now resto druid more powerful healer than priest (which is ridiculous) plus got Innervate and combat rez. Sounds fun.

Or warlock. Apparently the other day one single warlock took down a Tier 3-geared warrior and another warlock pwned three warriors at one go. Warrior sucks. Anyway warlock now got felguard so it's like getting a tank and a caster in one.

Aiyah who am I kidding, my pally is still level 15 and my mage is level 6. I got the sheep skill then I got bored. Haha.

Sigh stress at work, stress at play. No wonder cannot sleep.

posted by zyn :: 1:30 AM :: 5 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------