yankee doodle

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Every time I hang out with one of my American friends, I remember how much I miss all my other American friends. Fortunately this doesn't happen very often because, well, most of my American friends are in America.

But one is in town for a little while, and so we had drinks last night (did you know that happy hour at Balcony Bar starts at 2?? How awesome is that?!) and it was great fun. There's something to be said about the liberalism of an entire culture that allows you to tell them all kinds of things that don't come as a shock, unlike what I imagine to be the case with most Singaporeans. I think I've reached a phase in life where most of the people I've called friends for a long time probably wouldn't be able to understand why I do and think some of the things I do and think. The precious few that do understand and don't judge are just that - precious.

Anyway it's always nice to hang out with someone chill and laid-back and good conversation. I think this Christmas I shall call all my American friends - Bonnie and Sean and Allison and Kyla and David - and reminisce about the good old days when college was all there was to life.

posted by zyn :: 1:36 PM :: 0 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------