it's beginning to look nothing like christmas

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Saturday night and I'm confined to my bed after an unexpected and unexpectedly bad bout of food poisoning. I haven't been in the best of health recently - don't know whether it's because I work too hard or I play too hard or my new bed is too hard.

Being sick is another reason why the Christmas spirit hasn't quite set in yet for me. I've written half my Christmas cards, compiled a Christmas Prezzie List, bought myself a Christmas present in the shape of the Sony Ericsson M600i (which is proving to be too smart a phone for me), done my Christmas facial and pedicure, bought a Christmas dress, and even picked up a Christmas jazz album. And yet - it doesn't feel anything like Christmas. The closest I've felt to a Christmassy mood is seeing Greatfather Winter and his posse of Yuletide elves and quests on WoW.

For some reason the lack of snowy sidewalks and steamy mugs of seasonal coffee is getting more to me this year. Last year the loss of a white Christmas was kind of muted by the excitement of first-Christmas-at-home-in-four-years, with its concomitant last-minute Christmas shopping and stuffing my face with Christmas goodies.

I suspect it's because I've been putting off the buying and wrapping of gifts under the convenient pretense of overwork. (Actually that's not a pretense, it's real.) But if I had more hot toddies and a nice fireplace and Christmas stockings, I think it'd begin to look a lot more like Christmas.

10 things I want for Christmas this year:

1. A week's leave once Burning Crusade comes out
2. An eventful property market
3. Instant cellulite vanisher
4. A new blog layout without me having to do any work for it
5. Big bonus
6. The courage to move out on my own
7. A resort-spa-scenery-nature holiday without trekking of any kind
8. A cool hi-fi set
9. More interesting new friends
10. An extra 2kg

On a complete diversion, Since it seems like some random WoW players read this blog (I love all my stranger WoW comments), just a question for warriors out there - does it seem like it's a lot harder to hold aggro now, especially in a crowd situation? I suspect it's because all the dps classes are dealing a lot more damage now (esp warlock and mage) but I'm having to work a lot harder just to hold aggro. Also, which is more rage/threat efficient: Shield Slam or Devastate? Devastate doesn't seem to be working as well as I thought it would. :(

posted by zyn :: 12:01 PM :: 2 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------