dunderfunk

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas is well over, but I'm still receiving cards and gifts from my friends overseas. I think that's the main reason I've been in such a dunderfunk lately - I'm just sian of work and Singapore and everything, and I miss people who aren't here.

Okay that's the wrong use of dunderfunk, one of the many words I learned from bullshitting game Balderdash the other day. I can't remember the actual meaning of the word, but I remember that many people voted for my fake meaning, which was "a military term for a botched undercover operation". Ahahaha. But now every time I think dunderfunk my own definition comes to mind.

Words I remember the true meaning of: sigatoka (a disease that affects bananas), filipendula (hanging by a thread) and otolith (a stone found in the inner ear of mammals). It is highly unlikely that I will ever get to use these words in real life. ("Whoa, look at that black colour banana, maybe got sigatoka.") The game was surprisingly fun though, thanks to the people who were playing - turns out that journalists are quite champion bullshitters.

Watched Borat and Death Note 2 yesterday, which were both disappointing. Borat is a poorly-connected string of gags, while Death Note 2 - although interesting - requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. My hopes are now pinned on Confession of Pain. I figure even if it's awful, it has both Tony Leung and Takeshi Kaneshiro, so how bad can it get?

11 hours more to the new year. I shall spend them in a succinct summary of this year: playing WoW and getting drunk. :)

posted by zyn :: 12:33 PM :: 1 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------