on love. uncharacteristically.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

There's a lot I need to get off my chest but I don't know how to say it or, even, who to say it to. I think there's only one person who would really understand but he's not here and anyway he has bigger - real - problems.

So instead I went to read c's blog. Over the last several months I've thought at points that our lives have certain parallels. But he's much more candid than I am, and I often find that his blog entries express what I can't articulate even to myself.

In several posts he talks about love - wholehearted love, a love that I imagine is born only out of a providential combination of chemistry, hope, and a little bit of magic. A love possibly indomitable, but not omnipotent; neither necessary nor sufficient.

A kind of love I think about, sometimes, with wistfulness.

posted by zyn :: 2:55 AM :: 1 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------