to the now

Saturday, January 13, 2007

And also to 1-for-1 lychee martinis, which are awesomeness.

I keep forgetting what my three resolutions this year are. I dutifully recite "work less" and "drink less" - and then draw a complete blank.

So, rather than subject myself to the mental acrobatics of trying to remember a resolution I clearly didn't mean that much, I have instead decided that my third resolution will be a blanket "consider the consequences".

This is especially since I have realised that news spreads quickly, and gossip spreads quicklier. (Don't tell me that's not a word, my English better than yours.) And that I may have completely misread someone's intentions, to horrifying effects. I don't know if I should attempt to make amends now, or to just pretend nothing ever happened. I feel quite bad though.

Although it was quite a good story, to bear all that repeating (and the concomitant mangling, which is the horrifying part). I must remember to tell Yen.

But all this made me think that maybe I should try to be a better person in general. As in, more goodlier.

And perhaps, in the end, we all choose to be with people who make us want to be better than we actually are. Because if we just resign ourselves to our inherent weaknesses, then life gets boring really quickly - and meaningless even quicklier.

posted by zyn :: 3:00 AM :: 3 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------