weddingtalk

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I've been consciously not blogging weddingtalk so as not to turn into one of those people who can only, well, talk about their wedding. But maybe it's time to update, if only for posterity.

Not that there's really much to update. We've chosen our hotel, in what is the Best Deal Ever, with a free bottle of wine per table, waiver of wine and liquor corkage and two nights' stay in the bridal suite. I love it.

The only other thing we've done so far is to book our wedding videographer. They're really good, by which I mean they're really funny. They have sound and action that goes together, rather than those romantic black-and-white videos with some love song playing in the background as people move in slow motion. (VDB if you're reading this, classic is good too!)

Also what I like about our videographer is that the firm consists of girls. I like to hire girls. They're more conscientious and efficient. Guys tend to bluff and bluster and cut corners. Stupid guys.

Which is also why I'm 99% decided on my bridal studio, which features one main female designer. It's not 100% because (1) it's not the cheapest (2) my dress idea changes by the day now. I hear the designer also tends to be a bit prima donna but, hey, better than a lazy guy.

Sadly, this theory does not appear to hold for lawyers. We have engaged one by the name of Poo, who has the double misfortune of not just being named after feces, but also actually being shit at her job. Actual sentences that came out of her mouth today:

"You want to change the agreement? Aiyah. Have to write to them you know, then they have to write back. You all just sign this agreement first, then I see whether can change."

"I'll get in touch with you next week lah, but just in case I forget, which is quite likely! Haha! Maybe you call me to check."

WTF.

posted by zyn :: 5:54 PM :: 7 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------