Hardly Davidson

Friday, January 13, 2006

Very sleepy but need to blog this before I forget.

So today I was on a motorbike for the first time ever and it was the most heartstoppingly breathtakingly exhilaratingly terrifying 15 minutes or so of my life. Roller coasters are NOTHING compared to motorcycles. You can't clamp your eyes and hold on tight and ride it out (haha). Except that's exactly what I did - for the first five minutes, before I threw enough caution to the wind (probably literally) to at least straighten up and attempt to make sure that all my senses were still in working order. Morbid thoughts kept running through my head: wish I'd hugged my mum, written a will, finished my Upfront.

It was awesome.

But I think I'll stick to cars, the lily-livered louse that I am.

Today in WoW I realised that far from being an escapist realm, the game is exactly the same as real life. Every day when I log on I have to get all this admin stuff out of the way - check my mail, check auctions, go to the bank, hand in quests, get new quests, make bandages, make potions, get herbs, cook, fish, eat, drink, train, take public transportation... man, this is worse than RL. And as in RL, the fun only begins when your friends or guild members log on or you join a really good group. But unlike in RL, I'm always well-rested in WoW. Haha.

I am never going to have enough gold to get a mount. Boohoohoo.

And I really miss my brother, who used to sit with me and discuss quest strategy and interface optimization and judicious expenditure. RPGs are so much better when someone's playing with you.

posted by zyn :: 3:04 AM :: 3 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------