tales of horror and hell

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I was just told a truly terrifying story about someone's friend who got into her car in her office carpark in KL. Before she could start it, some drugged-out guy with a knife forced his way in, sat on her lap, and proceeded to start cutting her on her arms and chest. She stayed cool and talked to him slowly and managed to escape back to her office - dripping blood along the way, the story goes.

And it strikes me that some conversations are like that. People get high on their own brand of alternative-universe logic and slash at you indiscriminately, often without being fully conscious of the wounds they cause. And the only way to survive is to keep calm and speak carefully to the crazy dude or the crazy lady and hope you make it through with enough of yourself still intact.

Like so many bizarro dysfunctional situations in my life right now, I don't think anyone will really understand this. The most I can hope is that a future incarnation of myself will one day reread and sympathise.

On a happier note, I am now a proud member of both the Wine Network and the Whisky Store, thus cementing my alkie status.

posted by zyn :: 12:45 AM :: 6 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------