the seaweed is always greener

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I was going to blog about something serious, but that can wait another day.

Today the Maniac (haha I know you're reading this) said: "Eh it's 9pm and you're still in the office! You really have no life right!"

To which I indignantly replied: "Nonsense lah! I'm going to go home and play World of Warcraft!"

As usual, that didn't materialise, and instead I ended up eating the best chwee kueh I've ever had, drinking little bottles of Nederburg cab sauv (of which, coincidentally, I had a big bottle just the other day), waxing lyrical on life and death, and the afterlife, and telling tales of my childhood I've never told another living soul. (Nor a dead one, for the pedantic.)

I also took photos, which I've decided to put on a friends-only livejournal. I like my photos, idiot-proof as they are, and I want to put them all in one place. If you'd like to laugh at my camera skills, leave a comment with your livejournal username and I'll add you to my friends list.

Anyway conversation at one point turned to Disney cartoons, and just to prove that I don't have as bad a memory as I've recently been exhibiting, here goes what I remember of Under the Sea, one of the happiest songs I know:

The seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's bed
You dream about going up there
But that is a big mistake
Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things around you
What more is you looking for?

Under the sea, under the sea
Darling it's better down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devoting full time to floating
Under the sea

posted by zyn :: 2:47 AM :: 4 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------