thursday blues

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Got a bit of good news yesterday, although it didn't really give me as much of a kick as I expected.

Which then leads me into second-guessing ground with landmarks such as "It's About Time, You Slacker" Hill, "I'm Sure I Can Do Better" Park, and (my favourite) Mount "Damn It, I May Actually Enjoy This For Its Own Sake, Crap".

(Does this whole landmark imagery work? Not really hor.)

I think I was more amused by the concept of who I was competing against than anything else.

But even this bit of buzz isn't enough to boot me out of the general malaise in which I've found myself recently. Restlessness, it turns out, isn't actually the root of all evil. Not in the mood to WoW, don't want to go out, there's too much haze to... breathe, and even alcohol is rapidly losing its appeal.

I can't believe I just said that.

What did help, though, was getting kicked out of a building today, which of course set me on the trail of a vendetta and was kinda fun. Maybe I just need more of these little adrenaline shots.

Oh also Citibank called this afternoon to remind me that the money from my joint savings account was still sitting in the bank untouched after more than a year. I explained, with no small amount of entertainment at the Citibank guy's growing discomfort, that while the account was still join't the relationship was not.

Concert on Saturday, maybe that will be fun.

Bleargh.

posted by zyn :: 10:36 PM :: 0 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------