things that bug me

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm trying to compile a comprehensive list. Not in order of annoyingness.

1. Girls who giggle at everything they say
E.g. "How about this? Heeheehee. Or maybe it's this? Heeheeheehee. Heeheehee? Heehee."

2. People who pronounce 'about it' like 'abourrit'.
E.g. "We can't do anything abourrit. Maybe we should just not think abourrit. My favourite Mexican food is abourrit. O."

3. Anyone above the age of 18 wielding a pencil with a pom-pom on the end

4. Visible pantylines
My prescription is this

5. Visible panties
From the back OR front. Sexy thongs are no exception. Unless you're dressing for a stripshow later.

6. Visible buttcracks
Only Brian Kinney can get away with this.

7. People who refer to themselves in the third person
Girls, especially, if only because I've only ever encountered girls doing this. I suspect they think it's cute. I think it's attention-seeking at a level so low it's moronic. Every time I see a blog on which the author refers to herself in the third person and then puts up a (usually ugly, because that's the type of girl that does this) photo, I have to physically restrain myself from leaving a comment to the effect of "You are so ugly and stupid that putting up photos of yourself should be considered a public hazard". So far I have desisted.

8. "Food blogs"
In quotation marks, because the concept has become so diluted that everyone and their 70-year-old aunty has "food blogs" these days. I have no respect for "food blogs" which are really just photos of restaurant food cooked by other people and one or two lines gushing about the "texture" or the "display". This is brainless blogging. They are personal blogs. They do not deserve a separate category.

Of course I realise this sentiment may not be shared by many. But to me, if you are just going to order a normal portion of food and take pictures of it, that's not a review and not worth a blog. If, of course, you place more orders than necessary for a dinner just so you can give some semblance of a overall restaurant review, that's a different matter.

The other type of food blogs I would grant the moniker are those where people cook their own food and put up pictures of the process and the result. That is real food blogging. I love good cooking blogs.

posted by zyn :: 2:55 PM :: 1 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------