i need to take life easy

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Okay this is getting ridiculous. Someone has added me on Facebook whom I just met for the first time two days ago through work. As in, someone who's not even a colleague, just a hi-bye-can you help me with this information-type person. I'm like, come on!

And today I was covering a court thing when one of the lawyers came up to me and said, hey, I hear you're so-and-so's friend. So-and-so is my colleague! I went to look you up on Facebook yesterday and saw your profile photo with sunglasses at the beach!

That is wrong in so many ways. Firstly, who does that??? Secondly, I changed that particular profile photo about a month ago. Which means this person looked me up a month ago and for some reason wanted to seem like it was just yesterday because it was ONLY ON MONDAY that we were ever in the same circumstance (i.e. in court) for the first time. How did this person even know to look me up a month ago? A month ago I had no idea of this person's existence!

This is way beyond creepy.

Anyway I haven't been blogging for ages because over the last two weeks or so I have been obsessed with finding evening dresses and earrings and shoes and stuff like that. When I say obsessed, I mean like every lunchtime is spent shopping and every night I worry about how what will go with what and what exactly I'm looking for and what am I trying to prove anyway with these new dresses. They're actually for specific events, btw, it's not like I'm buying dresses to make my wardrobe look prettier. This has seriously stressed me out. I have eyebags.

But today I finally found the perfect dress for tomorrow night and it's CK. It makes my hips look big though. This is the conversation I had with I., who actually picked out the dress for me:

Me, examining myself in the mirror: Makes my hips look fat leh.
I.: No lah! It's perfect! Buy it!
Me, happily: Okay!

Later, walking to the carpark:

I.: Actually, I know what you mean about the dress making you look fat
Me: NOW THEN YOU TELL ME!!

Anyway it's done. And, thank goodness, S. is coming with me for the dinner tomorrow so I'll have someone to talk to and won't obsess about how my hips look fat.

posted by zyn :: 12:03 AM :: 1 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------