i need meaning in my life

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

and so I have to pursue something that will give me direction, if only for a brief while, and even if it will require hard work and grumbling. Possibly the whole point is to do hard work and grumble.

My options are as follows:

1. Take CFA

This is both what I am most inclined to do and least willing to undertake. It will mean A LOT of work, much of which I suspect will be dry and boring. And there's really no point taking it if I don't plan to do all three levels and then get an analyst or asset management job. I have no idea whether I want to be an analyst or asset manager, given that I know nothing about either, save for some vague appealing notions of frequent travel and lots of numbers. What I'm really worried about is if I sign up for the exam, have no time to study, and then fail. That would be dead embarrassing.

2. Level Flowerface to 70

Yes, I have once again descended into the decadent depths of World of Warcraft. I haven't logged on to Zynfandel for months, but I now have a level 21 blood elf mage by the name of Flowerface. Levelling a mage is SO MUCH easier than a warrior. But squishier, so I die a lot. Fortunately I have a pally pal by the name of Puckface. But it is very sad to have no mount, and small bags, and to make gold from scratch all over again. Which is why I don't know if poor Flowerface will hit 70.

3. I'm out. Any suggestions?

posted by zyn :: 5:57 PM :: 9 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------