avoiding home has its benefits

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

It started off as a crap day - I woke up feeling sick and was late for work, and the moment I turned on my laptop it died on me. When I went to see the doctor I had to wait for half an hour, and then the receptionist let the guy who came after me go in first, which made me so pissed off I walked out. Lunch was a crappy rushed affair of takeaway duck noodles because I had a facial appointment. And although the facial was not too bad, I forgot to pay for the "ampoule" and have to go back on Wednesday to do so. Wrote two forgettable stories and was given a 8.30am assignment in town tomorrow - the worst kind.

But then I had a couple of interesting conversations and a good genuine talk with a colleague during dinner that made me feel strangely sad but happy at the same time. I had time to spare before meeting Shiyao at 11, so I dropped by the Coffee Bean near his house to have tea and read my book. And as I opened the door to the al fresco seating area, tray in hand, Philip was on the other side, and I laughed at the sheer ridiculous coincidence of it all. Later Dom, who had been having dinner across the road, came by.

The little moments that make you feel alive.

posted by zyn :: 12:05 AM :: 0 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------