recession schmession

Saturday, May 23, 2009

On Monday, in a tortured fit of curiosity and self-flagellation, I put our new condo up for sale on a property website with an asking price of $30K more than what we paid for it (to cover our costs and make a small profit). I didn't expect much response, but over the next few days the calls kept coming in - although most asked for a discount. But this morning someone matched our asking price (within a week!), so we started looking around for a new apartment to see whether it made sense to sell this one.

And I was really taken aback to find that in the two months or so that I haven't been looking at the classified ads, property prices have gone up again! In our particular condo development, a unit on the #1x floor (I love these property agent tactics) is going for MORE than the price we paid for our condo on the #3x floor! I told our potential buyer that our asking price has gone up and they matched it again - but now I dowan to sell already.

Also our car is now selling at $10K more than what we bought it for three months ago. What is wrong with these people? We're in a recession! They are nuts!

posted by zyn :: 10:58 AM :: 2 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------