cheongsam chores

Thursday, May 07, 2009

I think it all boils down to me being too greedy.

See, I really want a nice cheongsam for my wedding. I was going to wear it at the tea ceremonies at my house and Shiyao's in the morning, so I thought I would get something breezy and light and knee-length so I could show my legs (heehee). So I designed my own and got a shop here to make it. But they screwed it up with the wrong fabric (appears to be a miscommunication) and a weird design at the back (because they said my original instruction was undoable). And now I'm trying to decide whether I should just settle for it or get a new one made, which would cost anything from $500 to $1200 more.

And also my own requirements have changed. Now I'm thinking, maybe I should have made a full-length one so I can wear it at night also, during the goodbye reception. I saw a gorgeous full-length cheongsam at a shop the other day and I can't stop thinking about it. But having to change outfits a second time during dinner (I already have one change: wedding gown for first half and evening gown for second half) means I will have less time to mingle, and if I get all sweaty wearing the cheongsam during the tea ceremony I don't really think I want to re-wear it at dinner anyway.

So now I'm trying to see if the original cheongsam I made is salvageable, in which case I will just wear that for tea and not wear a cheongsam during dinner and try to forget the beautiful full-length cheongsam that flirted with me. But if it turns out that I can't save my first cheongsam, then I can make another one. Which would be too late for my photoshoot at the end of this month anyway.

Sigh I knew it. Plan so far ahead, still got screwup at the end one.

posted by zyn :: 4:40 PM :: 5 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------