4am - your mind starts to wander

Friday, May 12, 2006

There's been so much political bravery and creativity on the Singapore blogosphere (god I hate that term) lately that despite my innate cynicism I'm impressed and heartened. I'm not linking to anything because I don't have the balls to. So sue me (not to be taken literally). I want to say something about this discussion group known as Young Republic though - a not-very-well-known forum that seems to think it's a big deal. Get off your high horses lah. So atas for what. Everything also must use big words to scold, nothing much to say also scold. Can die.

* * * * * *


My mum is trying - very unsubtly, I might add - to marry me off to Ian. After she met him today she said, "wah Ian very cute!" To which I replied, distractedly, "har really? okay lah I suppose". And she was like, "so...?" I'm like, "so, what??"

Doesn't help that Ian said "hi aunty hi uncle!" very brightly and wants to have dinner with them, the big suckup. (Hahaha.) I finally, exasperatedly, tried to head my mum off with "he's gay lah!" In typical fashion, she responded: "choy, don't so bad lah, anyhow say people". What to do, you tell me.

Ian gems:

"I'd rather be good-looking than smart. Hey, I already am!"

"Your blog ah, damn hard to read you know. I can't even scroll down. You know what I have to do? I have to keep searching for a really common word, like, "in", so the whole text will scroll down, bit by bit. So I just sit there and Ctrl-F "in" just so I can read your blog leh!"

(btw I know this is a problem, will change it when I get back. In the meantime will put temporary template soon.)

* * * * * *


"your place to mine, 10 mins flat" - earned me my first advisory notice of a speeding offence, whatever that is. And today I realised it's because they put a new 40km/h speed sign (40! who does 40?!) where Adam Rd becomes Lornie Rd towards Braddell Rd. Now I take 12 minutes. 15, if I'm really quite, ahem, sleepy.

* * * * * *


Being superficial and shallow and stuff, it's rather comforting to discover that I'm still drawn to intelligence above all else. I love ending conversations knowing that we haven't run out of things to talk about and can just pick the thread up again the next time. Everything else non-cerebral was just an aberration, to be ctrl-zed away. Ctrl-Z Ctrl-Z Ctrl-Z. There. All gone.

posted by zyn :: 4:35 AM :: 11 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------