wishb

Friday, April 21, 2006

In the face of overwhelming opposition (how ironic), I should make this clear: I am not saying people aren't entitled to their opinions about the PAP. I am merely against serial vague complainers who demonstrate clear ignorance about the political system and electoral process. If you have real constructive criticism that is the result of research, good for you. But if all you do is whine and look blank when people ask you what it is you're against and what you would like to change - that's what annoys me. The examples I gave of people being willing to stand up for their opinions were (clearly, to me, but apparently not to everyone) logical extremes (hyperbole, anyone?). If you are against the US invasion of Iraq but can't provide a reason, I think you should keep your opinion to yourself. It's too easy to have a loud opinion about everything. There should be more accountability. That, of course, is my own opinion. I would never tell people not to have opinions... I mean, given how many I myself have.

It has also occurred to me that people may not place as much emphasis on good manners and basic respect as I do. That's fine, I respect that (see how that works?). Rudeness appears to be, somewhat bizarrely to me, a matter of subjectivity and I am thus content with contention.

posted by zyn :: 3:20 PM :: 3 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------