so this is what a good day feels like

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

No boring assignments, no overnight-expert-type stories - just the one small story today but at least it was something I like. After pretty much two months of weary burned-out inertia, the ideas are slowly coming again - and with them the highs and the kicks.

It's Tuesday, so went for a wine-tasting thing at the new NTUC Building downtown. With Dom, who knows one of the shop's owners. Dom has all these interesting friends. Unfortunately it transpires that I've gone off wine somewhat! Tragedy. I still have a couple of promising reds at home, including one that, well, didn't quite live up to its promise. Or I suppose it did, in a way, seeing that it never promised anything at all.

My sister arrived home today from San Francisco. She's back for a week to interview for the Lee Kuan Yew scholarship. I have such damn high-flying siblings. Whom I will never understand. Both have secured university admissions I would have died for in their place, but apparently they are both reluctant to hand in their respective acceptances because they're holding out for better. Better! Young people these days, I tell you.

The impending reminder of my mortality has spurred me to buy insurance. I can't believe how complicated the whole thing is. By the end of the week I must at least upgrade my MediShield and get whole life, term life, critical illness and disability. So headache. But today I sent off requests for brochures to all the major insurers so I shall become overnight expert again soon. Much like how I learned all about the yen carry trade and margin calls and subprime loans yesterday! :)

To top everything off, the newest WoW patch has nerfed druids' tanking abilities and upped warriors'.

Now if only the damn server would go up so I can play.

posted by zyn :: 2:01 AM :: 2 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------