midnight at the void deck

Friday, June 22, 2007

K: So have you just come out and told her that you don't like him?

A: But she does like him!

Cue hysterical laughter and three hours (!!) of psychoanalysing.

Conversations like these don't come by that often anymore. I'm really going to miss you guys.

* * * * * *


On a side note, another gem from Darren. I swear, half of everything I know, I learned from Darren.

* * * * * *


I don't think I've ever really thought much about friendship. In the past it's always happened naturally - if I like someone, we're friends; if not, we're not. Now things have gotten more complicated. I might like someone, but not the things that they do. I might like someone else, but they may be too weak, and I despise weakness.

This doesn't happen very often, but friendship is now, slowly, occasionally becoming a conscious choice, and therefore a gift I'm beginning to realise I can decide to withhold - but only for my own sake. I cannot be friends with someone if that friendship makes me dislike myself.

I recently heard something about someone I considered a good friend. If the implications of what I heard are true, I have to stop being friends with that person. This is troubling me.

Then again, with Facebook and MSN and Friendster, these days the friend-dropping process is cut-and-dried; a ritual that soothes almost as much as it rips asunder. Delete, and immediately you can start anew.

"You still have so many friends to spare what," one of these aforementioned friends said to me.

That's not the point, though. Every friend is my friend for a reason; every friend is special. It's just that some of them, I'm coming to discover, may be bad for my health.

What should I do?

posted by zyn :: 3:24 AM :: 10 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------