Bob Loblaw's law blog

Saturday, July 07, 2007

My mother has gone crazy and Bob Loblaw's law blog is the only thing that can take my mind off it.

As anyone with a crazy mother knows, there is really no cure to a crazy mother. You can't rationalise. You can't argue. You can't win. The only thing you can do, then, is to beat a hasty retreat to a magical space where crazy mothers don't exist.

I have decided that if I turn into a crazy mother, I will kill myself. The only way to prevent this is to move out of my house, preferably within the next two years. My personal prediction is that residential property rents - maybe prices - will take a breather in 2009 (you heard it here first). At that time I will have to move out, or risk suicide. Ideally, I will find someone I can move in with and share rent, chores, and (really ideally) fairytale love. Actually, in my real ideal world, I will have a place of my own that I can decorate and gadgetise. But I'll settle for rent and chores.

If property rents don't fall by 2009, I will have to make a lot more money than I'm doing now in order to move out. This means I will have to quit my job, a prospect that's becoming more appealing by the day.

Or maybe I'll just sleep on it and see how much of this still makes sense tomorrow morning when all the red wine has worn off.

posted by zyn :: 3:13 AM :: 3 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------