i forgot to bring my camera

Monday, June 25, 2007

Am happily ensconced in a hotel room in KL, having had a marvellously surreal day. I basically landed in KL this morning to "check out the property scene", as per my extremely brief briefing - except that I'd never been to KL before, didn't know anyone here, and had absolutely no idea how I was going to go about checking things out. I was so stressed last night I couldn't sleep until 5am and then got up at 7am to go to the airport.

Fortunately I'd had the foresight to set up a few interviews, and my 3pm interview with KF's executive director Sarky went so well that he spent the whole afternoon driving me around KL, giving me a running commentary of the property market. Actually, I think he felt sorry for me. I told him I was planning to take a taxi around the suburbs and his jaw dropped. "Are you sure?" he said. "You girl, you know. Not safe." So he volunteered to take me around instead, partly because he didn't want to go back to the office and partly because he's a "sucker for the damsels in distress lah". He even brought me to the Royal Selangor Club for a drink while we were waiting out the city traffic jams. That was amusing - it's like the Singapore Cricket Club, dark and stuffy and totally an old boys' hangout. Everyone stared at me in my big fluffy skirt. It was hilarious.

Now the bath is running - and I'm watching Federer steamroller an unexpectedly cute Gabashvili (who is younger than me!! Damn. I really feel sorry for him though) on what looks like a 50-inch screen - in my very comfortable room with an amazing city view. And I must say A. is right about this hotel; it's really quite cool when you pick up the phone and the TV automatically mutes itself.
Haha.

Don't want to go home liao.

posted by zyn :: 10:53 PM :: 9 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------