I cost $245 a day

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I have a bond. Today I am one-third through it. As of now, I am worth about $357,997 to my company over the next four years.

This time last year I was really having fun at work. Everything was exciting, everyone was scintillating, every night I stayed late.

Now - well, now things have changed. Or maybe the problem is that they haven't, and I have. It feels like I've been doing the same thing forever; the challenges are becoming less numerous and less appealing. This is the year most of my unindentured peers are hopping around, and I itch to do the same. It's worse than boredom, it's restlessness. I wonder if other people feel it too.

And as work-related stuff slips off my to-do list, more interesting stuff clambers on. Top of the list right now is the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, in which for some reason nobody I know is interested. Come on! It's Buddha's tooth relic!!


K: I thought Buddha was bogay?

Me: ...that's cos his dentist pulled out all his teeth and sold them to temples.

K: How dumb is that. He should've just stuck em under his pillow.

Me: That wouldn't work, I think the tooth fairy is Christian.


I want to go home.

posted by zyn :: 7:05 PM :: 6 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------