nonsense conversations make the world go round

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Over dinner today (at Bangkok Jam, possibly the worst Thai restaurant in the history of the world):

My brother: By the way, we bought applesauce.

Me: Why? What does one eat applesauce with?

My brother: Lots of things. But don't ask Mum, cos she'll just say yogurt.

Me: (to my mum, who is completely oblivious) Mum, what do you eat applesauce with?

My mum: Yogurt! (*sniggering from me and my brother*) Martha Stewart always keeps yogurt and applesauce in her fridge in case she has unexpected overnight guests, then she can serve them that with muesli for breakfast.

Me: Yeah, well, she was in jail and all, I don't know if we want to trust her judgment.

My brother: Yeah, after jail, anything looks like good breakfast food.
...Anyway, I'm sure she got some home decorating ideas from prison too.

Me: You mean, like black and white vertical stripes?

My brother: Hmm. What goes with grey?

Me: Orange!

posted by zyn :: 11:23 PM :: 0 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------