harry potter and the spoiler strategy

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I have verified that aforementioned Harry Potter "leak" is a fake. Phew.

My thoughts now turn to the problem that has been greatly perturbing me: how, exactly, can I nip into a bookstore at 7.01am on July 21, buy Deathly Hallows, and nip out again WITHOUT inadvertently hearing someone yell out "Harry dies!" before I get out of there?

There are a few ways to get around this:

1. Get up at 4am (or just go straight from Friday night party) and be the first in line for the book.

But even this does not guarantee that the guy who is SECOND in line won't flip to the back of the book and yell out "Harry dies!" before I manage to sprint out of the store. This means I should:

2. Be the first in line and once I get my grubby hands on the book, FLIP TO THE END MYSELF so even if someone yells out "Harry dies!" I can yell back "HA! I already knew! AND Snape is a bad guy!"

Except this will totally spoil the whole book reading experience for me. An experience that not only comes around once every three years, but will never ever occur again. So this leaves me with:

3. Get ear plugs. The foamy wax kind particularly effective with snoring partners. Alternatively, bring iPod and turn up to max volume.

For this strategy to work, I will also have to:

3a. Turn off my computer and Internet by 6.59am Saturday morning. To be safe, I think Friday midnight.

3b. Turn off my phone and block the numbers of the A&A pair.

3c. Soundproof my room just in case my sister gets a spoiler from her friend and yells out "Harry dies??!"

All this, however, means that if some major emergency is happening somewhere, I will only know of it once I finish page 784.

But then, armed with the knowledge of how to defeat Voldemort, I will be equal to any emergency.

posted by zyn :: 2:23 AM :: 10 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------