Anonymous

Friday, October 19, 2007

There's someone going around leaving vulgar, vindictive comments on my blog and S's. I've always had comments moderation to filter out spam, but it turns out now I need to delete mud too.

I was upset at first, before I realised what this means about the anonymous commenter. How bitter and lonely that person must be, to feel only jealousy and malcontent when reading about other people's happiness! I can barely imagine him or her hunched over a computer typing out the venomous comment, resentment churning in his gut, spite twisting her lips. And I feel an overwhelming sense of pity - over all the things that must have gone wrong and are still going wrong in this person's life, over how it must be so difficult for someone as hateful as this to find friends, and most of all over the fact that this person has to live with the malice and meanness deeply embedded in his or her life.

Try to be happy for yourself. Then maybe being happy for others will come naturally too.

posted by zyn :: 9:44 AM :: 3 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------