how to save a weekend

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The moment I woke up on Saturday morning I knew the weekend was going to be horrible. I'd somehow come down with the flu overnight and my friend Bonnie from America-Algeria-Taiwan (it's complicated) was coming to stay with me for two days, and I was going to have to entertain her while feeling completely exhausted and miserable.

The flu didn't get any better until maybe two hours ago (it's midnight on Monday night now), but the weekend turned out to be pretty great, thanks completely to the efforts of my wonderful family and my equally wonderful boyfriend. They kept Bonnie fed and happy and amused in air-conditioned car comfort while I was blowing my brains out through my nose.

My wonderful boyfriend also spirited me around town today for undercover work: scouting out showflats and insulting property agents. And he patted my head while I stuck tissue up my nose and carefully didn't say anything when I gave him wrong directions three times to City View @ Boon Keng. And then he bought dinner home for my stranded siblings and patiently ate all the fruits (three plates!) my parents put in front of him.

Now I'm all sleepy and contented, even though I look like rudolph the bloody red nose reindeer.

posted by zyn :: 12:01 AM :: 2 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------