you know you love me

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm supposed to be writing an analysis but I can't start cos my brain is stuck. Maybe if I write about Gossip Girl I will unstuck it!

First I must say that Gossip Girl is one of the few highlights of my life these days. Work work work study study study GOSSIP GIRL EVERY TUESDAY! When it doesn't show for some reason, like this week, I become uncommonly anguished. Fortunately I have gotten hold of the first season DVD boxset just in time for my one and a half weeks of leave starting tomorrow! Screw the CFA.

Why I like Gossip Girl:

1. Everyone is so ridiculously good-looking. I feel a bit bad now about judging people who watched The OC last time. Obviously Blake Lively and Leighton Meester are goddesses, and Chace Crawford is like sex on legs, but I can even sort of see the appeal of Penn Badgeley, and Ed Westwick is my new obsession. I love how he's started saying everything in sotto voce and never worries about whether people can hear him.

2. Everyone wears ridiculously nice clothes. Blake Lively could probably look good in a sack but we never get the chance to find out.

3. Everyone can act. Except maybe Chace Crawford, but if you look like that you don't have to worry about having any other talents. But I think that's a major reason Lipstick Jungle and Cashmere Mafia failed - there was no chemistry between the characters and they all felt like they were pretending to be friends. Here everyone really is pretending to be friends because you don't know who's an enemy, and it's totally believable.

4. Even the parents are hot. Except maybe Bart. I think I'll model my wedding dress after Lily's.

5. Blake Lively. It just keeps coming back to her. The way she can balance being blonde and perfect and 36DD with being super nice and having realistic teenage problems. She's my second girl crush this year (the first being Olivia Wilde, but that's in a completely different angsty hot girl sort of way) and that's already two more than I had last year.

What I don't like about Gossip Girl:

1. Aaron Rose. It's not a coincidence that his name rhymes with "gross". Surely Serena has better taste than that.

2. Jenny Humphrey. Too angsty. Not pretty enough. And she talks too fast, I have to keep rewinding to hear what she's mumbling.

3. Vanessa Abrams. Pretty, but too holier-than-thou. Not a fan.


If I haven't made you the slightest bit curious about Gossip Girl at this point, I am a failed writer and should throw in the towel on my analysis right now. I am, however, comforted by the fact that I have already made two converts to Twilight (that deserves a whole other blog entry).

Four more hours and I can go home to watch Gossip Girl!

xoxo

posted by zyn :: 3:25 PM :: 6 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------