all alone in the moonlight

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

People who are always happy for themselves are seldom sad for others.

This sounds profound at 2.30am but I wonder if it will make sense in the morning.

Watching Desperate Housewives (new season! but not so good as the first one) with mint chip ice cream - it brought back memories. What does one do with memories? Thankfully I have sieves for brains so I have pretty few of them, and even fewer that I know I'll run through in my mind on my deathbed. (Aiyoh this is taking a morbid turn.) Anyway - memories. I have a highly selective one, aided by meticulous destruction of physical evidence and phenomenal talents in self-delusion. But at the most unexpected moments a long-forgotten memory (deleted, but neglected to empty recycle bin) suddenly pops up and then what does one do? How does one classify it? How does one destroy it? The harder you try to forget about something the more you think about it. So the key, then, is to just stop trying - and one day you will genuinely forget.

At least I hope so. I can't remember if it's ever happened.

posted by zyn :: 2:23 AM :: 1 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------