birthday birthday

Monday, March 20, 2006

All the best birthdays involve elements of surprise, mortification, good food, great company, and loads of awesome presents.

So thank you, all of you, for Ritz-Carlton and Lei Garden; for midnight supper and Harry Potter; for spa vouchers (!) and 20 red roses (!!). And for all the calls and emails and messages and well wishes - thank you. It's overwhelmingly humbling to be on the receiving end of so much kindness and generosity.

I'd put photos up but the only pictorial evidence was taken by a camera that looks like it belongs in a museum. Hahaha. (just kidding don't kill me! but you can leave angry comment if you want. :))

Also I want to say that Ritz-Carlton really has the best service ever, for spontaneously bringing over a birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday without prior arrangement. Apparently the exchanging of gifts is sufficient to signal a birthday celebration! How if I was, like, a buyer sampling goods or something? So paiseh.

Lastly, filip is talking nonsense as usual. Watch V for Vendetta!!! Because it is very very good and because I need more people to dissect it with me! (yes yes I am repeating myself, I know.)

I could go on ad nauseum but have to end here because I'm very tired and I haven't WoWed for days and days so I'm lagging very badly. But the people who wrote me nice long emails, I will get back to you. I will. Soon. Really. I swear.

posted by zyn :: 11:35 PM :: 5 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------