on journalism and journalists

Friday, May 12, 2006

Wah, Cherian George is brilliant!

"Improvements in mainstream media performance have not caught up with the expectations of more critical, questioning Singaporeans... The mainstream media have improved in absolute terms, but this is of little comfort to individual readers and viewers like you, who will naturally judge media performance relative to your own expectations. And expectations have risen. Most of the reasons are obvious - education, etc - but one may be less so and is worth mentioning: the press itself has raised the bar over the years by publishing more intelligent columns and especially letters."


I think very few people will agree with this though, even given Cherian George's credibility as former political editor of ST. Credibility is very, very important. As John Proctor said: "I have given you my soul; leave me my name!" (Ok not that relevant but one of my favourite quotes, haha.)

On another completely unrelated note, my colleagues are siao. Yesterday I rushed off from work because I was an hour late for dinner and I left my laptop behind meaning to retrieve it later. When I got back to the office at midnight there was this note on it:

"Such a hot date that forgot to switch computer off ah? Btw, we have signed in as you and sent a love 'coupon' to your admirer! Hahaha"


Like I said, siao lor.

P.S. If you guys really sent a love coupon, I will kill you dead.

posted by zyn :: 12:36 PM :: 3 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------