ode to philip

Friday, July 21, 2006

there are way too many people
who have birthdays in july
(october must be a boring month
but that's a different rhyme)

and of all the july babies
I know only one who'd dare
to take a whole semester off
and design male underwear

though philip may sound crazy
he's actually quite sweet
he'll drive you to the hyatt
and then leave alone, discreet

we're not say super get along
but when I call, he's there
even if I ring at 4am
and he can't bring himself to care

but philip's not all virtuous too
he gave me my first smoke
(he also gave me a shisha pipe;
I think that was a joke)

he longs to be a writer
but he doesn't want to write
he thinks he'd like a classy girl
but none of them fit right

so here's to finding what you want
and liking what you find
happy 24th, philip baby -
to you may life be kind.

posted by zyn :: 12:52 PM :: 1 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------