i will think on this some day, not now

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

MY AUNT HAS ADDED ME ON FACEBOOK. This is the end. I think everyone above the age of 40 should be banned from facebook. Or maybe just that people should not add as friends relatives who are from the generation after theirs.

A post-GEP survey came in the mail today. They want to track us. There is a box for you to list your awards from national and international competitions; another box for the books and scholarly articles you have published; and another for patents you have obtained. Clearly I am a failure in the system.

This may be due to the fact that I have played 479 games of Bogglific in, I think, the last month or so. This has taken up 1,437 minutes of my life, or 23.95 hours. No wonder I haven't accomplished anything.

Maybe I also spend too much time criticising people. It's just so much easier to be dismissive than to be nice. Or maybe it's been too long since I've met new people I like, and I've forgotten what it feels like to like someone at first sight.

Do I know what I'm doing? I think so. Can I justify it? Not really. Does that make it wrong? Perhaps.

I don't want to think too much, but I'm always accused of being escapist. Now I often get confused - should I think less, or would that make me a coward?

posted by zyn :: 11:19 PM :: 5 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------