so tired

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Left the office at 1am. Haven't worked so late for a really long time. But as I was walking out of the building, I started thinking: am I really working hard? Sure, I'm working long hours, and the work is tiring and tedious and draining and requires some measure of initiative and creativity. But is it hard work? Are people elsewhere working harder? Am I, as people have always called my kind, in fact a slacker who will fold at the earliest hint of real work?

Since there appears to be no answer in sight to that question, I shall talk about jumping the shark. If you don't know what it is, please look it up, because it is a very important concept. Also, if you're afraid of spoilers to popular TV shows, don't read anymore.

I think House has jumped the shark. End of season 3, when the whole team left. Season 4 was amusing for about five minutes but the interns are all wimps and I hate them. Except Thirteen, because we're meant to be manipulated into liking her. Which makes me hate myself.

Grey's Anatomy, in my opinion, jumped the shark at the end of season 2. Season 3 was blah. Meredith really gets on my nerves. She's like, I love Derek/I hate Derek, I'm clingy and dependent and emo/I'm independent and self-sufficient and blase, I'm a damaged mummy's girl/I'm a horny slut. Me, I'm just irritated. And what is up with George?? Why does EVERYONE love him?? He's so lumpy and wet! Completely unconvincing.

Friends jumped the shark when Chandler got fat. Will & Grace jumped the shark when Grace and Leo got divorced. The 70s show jumped the shark when Eric and Donna broke up. Desperate Housewives jumped the shark pretty much after Season 1. Sex and the City kind of jumped the shark when the Russian ballet dancer came into the picture, although it saved itself by committing suicide soon after that. Entourage jumped the shark when it became more about Medellin than about Ari Gold.

The only series I've followed that never jumped the shark was Arrested Development. That was probably because it only ran for three seasons, but also because it was just really that damn good.

Man, I've spent so much time watching TV shows. I should have been playing frisbee instead.


Photo credit: Dom

posted by zyn :: 1:17 AM :: 5 Comments :: permalink


--------------------------------------------------------::--------------------------------------------------------